We Are UC: Alex Luckoo

Source%3A+ucpioneers.com
Source: ucpioneers.com

“We Are UC” profiles highlight the people who thread the fabric of the Utica College community. These profiles are written from the perspective of the subjects themselves.

My name is Alex Luckoo. My major here at UC is criminal justice. I am originally from the island of Jamaica, but I moved to Long Island about 6 years ago.

I chose Utica when a friend from high school told me it was a great school. However, I had been accepted to Penn State Abington. After visiting them and also visiting UC, I felt more comfortable choosing UC. It also helped that I could make and have more of an impact on the UC track team than I could at Penn.

I was part of the 4×400 team that made it to outdoor nationals in 2018. I currently hold the open 400-meter school record. We didn’t win when we went to nationals, but the effort from the team was second to none and nothing is a stronger adhesive for bonding a bunch of guys like losing.

I’m currently studying for the LSATS. I am in the process of applying for law schools, and hopefully, I get accepted to Duke for the upcoming fall semester.

After all the hard work of studying and applying, I plan on binge-watching the new Netflix TV series, “You.” I have heard so much about the show. I’m excited to watch it in my free time.