Breaking: Leadership changes announced at Utica University

Alexandria Leland

The Utica University flag hangs in front of the Frank E. Gannett Memorial Library.

Isabella Hudziak, Editor in Chief

The Office of the President and Provost announced Utica University leadership changes the afternoon of Thursday, March 23.

The roles of interim Provost and interim Vice President for Enrollment Management have been filled, as well as interim Dean of Business and Justice Studies and Vice President of Information Technology.

As the current Provost Todd Pfannestiel prepares for his movement into the role of President, the current Dean of the School of Business and Justice Studies, Stephanie Nesbitt, will assume the interim position.

According to the email, the ongoing search for a new Provost will be conducted with an open method and will not use a search firm.

“Faculty, staff, and students will be invited to participate in the search, both on the search committee and particularly when finalists are invited to campus,” the email said.

Due to Nesbitt’s movement into the interim Provost role, Economics Professor Rick Fenner will serve as the interim Dean of Business and Justice Studies, a role which he has previously served.

Jeffery Gates, the current Vice President for Enrollment Management, will be leaving Utica after the spring 2023 semester. Executive Director of Admissions Jessica Nelson will assume the role of interim Vice President for Enrollment Management while a national and open search will identify a permanent replacement.

After the new vice president is hired, Nelson will serve as the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management.

Matthew Carr, an alumni and current Vice President for Information Technology and Associate Provost, will be leaving Utica effective May 12. His position will be assumed by Mike Roberts.

“Please watch for further announcements regarding the national searches and opportunities to participate in those processes, as well as engage in further discussions about the institution.,” the email said.