Search committee to interview for provost and senior VP for academic affairs

First interview scheduled for Thursday, April 25
Photo+courtesy+of+Stephanie+Nesbitt.+
Photo courtesy of Stephanie Nesbitt.

Campus interviews for the provost and senior vice president for academic affairs position will begin with Interim Provost Stephanie Nesbitt on Thursday, April 25, with three sessions.

According to a campus-wide email sent by the provost search committee, there will be two faculty sessions and one open session for students for each candidate.

The first faculty session will take place between 10 and 11 a.m. in the Willard Conference Room in DePerno Hall. Subsequently, students and staff will have their session between 1:30 and 2:15 p.m. in the same location. Finally, there will be a second faculty session from 2:30 to 3:15 p.m.

The email included links to the Zoom sessions and the resume, cover letter and contribution to diversity statement from Nesbitt.

“My start in academia came as a member of this faculty, and I have been proud to be a member of it for so many years,” Nesbitt said in her cover letter. “Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to explain how my professional and personal history, knowledge, and skill uniquely position me to lead the academic enterprise at Utica University at this moment in our history.”

The other candidates will follow Nesbitt with interview dates on Monday, April 29 and Thursday, May 2.