Upstate fall fun

Cassandra Raynor, Staff Writer

Fall is approaching fast and Upstate New York is known for its admirable fall foliage. Utica is home to several fun fall activities from apple pumpkin picking to haunted houses.

Freshman Conor Landrigan is from Eastern Pennsylvania, so this is his first fall in Utica. When asked what his favorite fall activity is, he said hiking.

“I like being outdoors and there’s no better time to be out than fall,” Landrigan said.

Bald Mountain in Old Forge is a popular destination for the fall. Old Forge is about an hour drive from Utica with plenty of places to grab a bite to eat after a hike.

Senior Brooke Miller is looking forward to apple picking at North Star Orchards in Westmoreland, which is about a 15-minute drive from Utica.

Miller is also hoping to make her way to Clinton Cider Mill this year to grab some apple cider and cinnamon donuts.

Miller also suggests the When asked what haunted house she suggests Miller said, “If you’re looking for something really scary, I’d suggest Cayo.”

Cayo Industrial is a haunted house attraction on Broad Street in Utica. Cayo is home to three separate attractions and will be open from Sept. 30 to Oct. 31.

If you’re looking for more fall activities, check out the athletics website for all the fall sporting events.

Take advantage of the beautiful outdoors while you can because next thing you know you’ll be walking through a foot of snow.