Bryson Tiller: Up and coming artist coming to Utica

Rashida Patrick, Co-Editor-In-Chief

The Utica College Programming Board announced Wednesday that Bryson Tiller will perform at the Utica Memorial Auditorium on April 29 as part of UC’s Moose Madness. The concert will be a collaboration between UCPB and SUNY Poly’s Student Association.

Bryson Tiller is an up-and-coming Hip-Hop artist who is well know for his single “Don’t.” Tickets for the concert will be open to UC and SUNY Poly students, as well as the general public. Bethany VanBenschoten,

Bethany VanBenschoten, advisor of UCPB, said tickets will go on sale for UC students March 31 and there is no limit on how many tickets a student can buy.

“UC students can purchase tickets in our student activities office or online at Uticatickets. com,” VanBenschoten said. “Tickets will be $20 for floor seats and arena seats, and if you want to pay a little extra you can get ‘pit-tickets’ for $30.”

Pit-tickets refer to the ‘pit’ area, which is located directly in front of the stage. There is a total of 500 seats located in the ‘pit” area available. According to Vanbenschoten, tickets for the general public will go on sale this Saturday and ticket prices will start at $35.

The office of Student Activites will be providing shuttle vans for students. The vans will pick up students from UC, and take them to and from the Utica Aud. Shuttle vans are scheduled to run at 6:45 p.m. Doors at the auditorium will open at 7 p.m.

Since the news, UC students have been raving about the popular Hip-Hop artist.

Sophomore Nila Collins said she is really excited about the news.

“I would have never thought UCPB would organize a concert for Utica College,” Collins said. “The fact that Bryson Tiller is the artist makes the event even better. I am excited to attend this concert and I hope that a concert will become an annual event for the campus.”

Some students are happy with the decision, but feel they would be more excited to see someone else perform. Sophomore Janelle Simmons, who majors in nursing said she would like to see someone who will bring more excitement.

“I am excited they chose him,” Simmons said. “He has a smooth vibe but I would have liked to have a trap artist to liven it up more.”

According to VanBenschoten, Bryson Tiller was the second most popular choice among UC students.

“Drake was number one but even with two schools we still didn’t have enough money to pull off a Drake concert,” VanBenschoten said. “Bryson was number two on our end, and SUNY Poly students agreed.” VanBenschoten said that planning took a couple of months. “We started a concert survey last semester and then in January started discussing the possibility of collaborating with other schools,” VanBenschoten said. “We offered to Bryson’s management in February.”

Now that the big announcement has been made, VanBenschoten said she is happy students finally know and are excited. VanBenschoten said that planning took a couple of months.

“We started a concert survey last semester and then in January started discussing the possibility of collaborating with other schools,” VanBenschoten said. “We offered to Bryson’s management in February.”

Now that the big announcement has been made, VanBenschoten said she is happy students finally know and are excited.