Dean of Students Timothy Ecklund to step down, other staff changes announced

Photo%3A+uticaod
Photo: uticaod

The Division of Student Life and Enrollment Management made a host of announcements late this afternoon.

Timothy Ecklund, the dean of students at Utica College, will step down from his role today due to personal reasons, according to an email announcement sent by Jeffery Gates, senior vice president for Student Life and Enrollment Management. 

Ecklund was brought to UC in 2018 with a focus on increasing student engagement, specifically noting that about 75% of students’ time is spent outside of the classroom and could then be applied to various clubs, teams and organizations on campus.

According to the college, Ecklund was noted for saying the following upon his arrival:

“Each person who studies here builds his or her own personal scrapbook of memorable UC experiences, milestones, and friendships that last a lifetime,” Ecklund said.

The college, in the release, noted that they wish Ecklund well in all of his future endeavors.

More changes came within the Student Living and College Engagement office as a result. Scott Nonemaker will fill the role of the Interim Dean of Students effective Sept. 15. Both Marissa Finch and Lauryn Moore will move up to the Interim Director of Student Living and Interim Director of Student Engagement, respectively.

More to follow on this story.