Cheese! UC to start photo club

Michael Muon

Staff Writer

Have you ever wanted to uncover the art of photography? Utica College students will soon have the opportunity to turn their hobby and passion of photography into something that will benefit the entire UC community.

UC is starting a new club. The UC Photography club has not been officially accepted to be a club yet, because many steps must be taken before getting approved. According to UC’s web site, in order for UC photography to become official, the club must meet some general criteria.

This club is being started by freshman Allyson Kuhn. She decided to start the club because photography has been a huge part of her life ever since her freshman year of high school. During her senior year of high school Kuhn became more involved in photography and won several awards and was even asked to send her photography to countless competitions.

Kuhn primarily wanted to start the club because she believes there will be many students on campus who share the same interest in photography as her. Together with the adviser Larry Pacilio, who is UC’s director of photography, Kuhn will build the UC Photography Club.

Since Kuhn is starting this club, she will be taking the lead and the role of president for the club. She already has some volunteers to take on others roles such as vice president, treasurer, webmaster, and secretary.

The mission of the organization is to show others how this can be an everlasting hobby. Kuhn wants students involved to look at photography as a great way for expression in a creative way.

UC Photography Club is waiting to hear from the Student Senate, according to Kuhn. Currently, the club consists of only the board members and a faculty adviser. When the club gets approved from the Student Senate, there will be more information.

Also, Kuhn wants everyone to know there is absolutely no experience with photography required for this club.