New vice president of enrollment management announced and will assume role May 1

Alexandria Leland
Tangerine archive photo.

After a long search for a new vice president of enrollment management at Utica University, one has been selected. W. Eric Sykes will take the helm from Interim Vice President of Enrollment Management Jessica Nelson on May 1, according to an email sent on March 27 by the Office of the President.

According to the email, the national search chaired by Dean Jason Denman poured through several qualified candidates before narrowing their sights on Sykes. The R. H. Perry search firm also contributed to the search.

Sykes has previous administrative experience at other institutions such as Emerson College, Xavier University, and Elmira College. He holds a master’s degree in social and personality psychology with a concentration in psychometrics from Purdue University and a bachelor’s in psychology from Loyola University.

To land a remarkable thought-leader and practitioner in the enrollment management field such as Eric is a testament to his abilities as well as the opportunities Utica University presents,” said Todd Pfannestiel, president of Utica, in the email announcement. “We all look forward to welcoming Eric and his family to the Utica community in a month.”