Devlin Daley: New Assistant Director of Campus Engagement

Devlin Daley showing off her Utica spirit in her new office located in 206 Strebel Student Center.

Isabella Hudziak

Isabella Hudziak, Managing News Editor

On Monday, March 7, the new Assistant Director of Campus Engagement Devlin Daley started her job as announced by the Morning Mention.

Daley, who is originally from Boston and an avid sports fan, was drawn to Utica University by its close-knit community and close proximity to her home in Syracuse.

“I love the high volume of campus activities and programs happening,” Daley said. “Being able to help students see their programs to fruition and getting them engaged in a post-COVID world excites me.”

According to Daley, the small institution community reminds her of her alma mater Union College in Schenectady, where she was a member of the Alpha Lambda Delta sorority.

In her new position, Daley will be the new advisor for the Inter-Greek Council, where she hopes to help the community understand what it means to be part of a Greek organization.

According to the March 7 Morning Mention, she will provide primary support for student engagement initiatives, large-scale events and programming and provide oversight for the ongoing activities of the office.

Dayna Losito, the current president of IGC and member of Chi Beta Sigma, expressed her excitement about the new advisor.

“Devlin has expressed ideas that she wants to implement immediately to finish up this semester strong, and ideas for the future to help boost student morale on campus,” Losito said. “I’m excited to see what she has to offer once she really gets going after settling in.”

Along with advising the IGC, Daley will also advise the Utica University Programming Board, which sponsors several events around campus. She will assist students during the event planning process.

“I kind of like to think of myself as the last puzzle piece,” Daley said. “You created everything, you thought of everything, you talked with the vendors, you did everything and I’m there to help fill in the gaps where I need to.”

The growth and utilization of PioHub is a main goal for the Student Living and College Engagement office, such as having it visible on the television screens across campus or blocking office hours for PioHub workshops.

“Hopefully in my role, I’ll be that bridge between Utica, the SLCE office and the presence network,” Daley said. “I think that part of my push is also going to be just to find creative ways to increase the engagement of people actually downloading the app and going to the website.”

In an effort to get to know the student body of Utica, Daley plans to attend pop-up SLCE events like Freebie Fridays and encourages students to come by the office.

“My door is always open and I really want to engage the community so people should feel free to hang out in our office and ask us questions,” Daley said.