The Zonta international presents Golden Z at Utica and seeks (S)hero nominations

Scan the flier and nominate your (s)hero. Uticas Golden Z will be accepting entries for the entire month of March.

Utica Golden Z

Scan the flier and nominate your (s)hero. Utica’s Golden Z will be accepting entries for the entire month of March.

Lee Bingay, Staff Writer

Zonta is an international organization that is meant to empower young women around the globe through advocacy and help serving the people around them. Utica has a miniature club of its own called Golden Z, to help out the university’s community and the general public.

Throughout the month of March, Golden Z is accepting nominations for (s)heroes for Women’s History Month. Nominations can be submitted through the Google Form attached to the Morning Mentions from March 3, 4 and 9. Submissions will be featured on their instagram @uticagoldenz.

Corrine Bush, president of Utica’s Golden Z, first became involved with the organization as a first-year student and felt welcomed from day one. 

The ladies that were in it before me created such a welcoming atmosphere that I felt accepted and at home on campus,” Bush said. “I hope to leave the same lasting impression that those before me left to the next generation of students interested in Golden Z.”

The club provides service and assistance to other organizations on campus. Golden Z has also worked closely with Jen Jones, director of Utica’s Safetrax program. As one of their rescue mission projects during the holiday season, they purchased products and made hygienic packages for the women in the local community.

In honor of International Women’s Day on March 8, the club hosted a trivia night to help further educate those about influential women in history.

The organization isn’t just about empowering women in the community, they are open to anyone interested in attending and planning events for the organization.