Throwing it back with Disney+

Source%3A+forbes.com
Source: forbes.com

The Disney+ app is the new sensation in the streaming service industry, reaching 10 million subscribers in a matter of days. This inexpensive app with 4K resolution, no ads and an exceeding amount of content is taking over UC and the rest of the world. 

Disney+ offers all “the best stories in the world, all in one place.” People can start the streaming service app with a seven-day free trial, after which subscribers will be charged $6.99 a month. 

The app includes shows and movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic with zero ad interruptions. This app contains new releases, Disney classics and exclusive original content.

With the growing selection of content, users have the privilege of unlimited downloads of any show or movie to stream anywhere. Disney+ can be used on the go and also be streamed on four different devices at once, making it easy to share with friends and family. 

Disney+ offers movies from the 1930s through the most recent from 2019. The selection on Disney+ has anything from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” released in 1937, to “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” recently released this year. 

UC students have enjoyed Disney+ and have taken advantage of the low pricing offers and the abundance of movies and TV shows offered.

Junior Katherine LeRoy has been streaming content on Disney+ since it was released. Her favorite feature about the app is that it has a good selection of shows, which would be considered to be “throwbacks” from the students’ childhood. 

“Disney+ has the best shows and movies like, ‘Camp Rock,’ ‘Good Luck Charlie,’ ‘Hannah Montana,’ ‘The Suite Life of Zack and Cody’ and ‘Lizzie McGuire,’ LeRoy said. 

LeRoy said she enjoys watching the Disney show “That’s So Raven” the best but also likes to watch Christmas movies this time of year. 

Freshman Brandon Wolfkiel said he also likes watching Christmas movies to get into the holiday spirit. Wolfkiel said he is disappointed that Disney+ has a small collection of Christmas movies available. 

“Disney+ has a small variety of select genres,” Wolfkiel said. “So expanding the genres to have more options would make it better.” 

Sophomore Robert Stevens said he looks at Disney+ from a different perspective. He has thought about the competition between Disney+ and other streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and HBO. 

“Each streaming service is stealing shows from each other so it has me thinking,” Stevens said. “Is it worth having both Netflix and Disney+ if I can get all the shows I like to watch on one app?”

Aside from that, Stevens said he is enjoying the selection of Marvel movies Disney+ offers. Additionally, he said he likes to watch “Wizards of Waverly Place.”

Disney+ has brought back memories for many viewers, allowing them to watch shows from when they were kids. 

“I loved watching these shows growing up and I remember always being excited for Friday night and waiting for the new episode of shows to come out,” Stevens said. “Now I can watch them on my own time.”