Super Bowl LIII Picks

Source%3A+thestacker.com
Source: thestacker.com

Abin Boris, Staff Writer

After two dramatic conference championship games, the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams will meet in Super Bowl LIII.

Both teams go into this game fresh off of overtime victories. The Patriots won after an overtime drive led by 41-year-old quarterback Tom Brady, and the Rams were propelled to the Super Bowl after kicker Greg Zuerlein made a game-winning kick in.

This will be the ninth time during the Belichick-Brady era that the Patriots have reached the Super Bowl. For the Rams, this will be their third Super Bowl in franchise history and their first since 2002. In that year, Tom Brady beat the then St. Louis Rams to spark the Patriots dynasty over the next 18 years.

Sophomore Mike Walker said that he wants the Rams to come out on top in this year’s championship.

“I always enjoy seeing the Patriots lose,” Walker said. “I don’t really want to see the Rams win either, but at the end of the day, I dislike the Patriots more.”

Walker plans on watching the game with his friends, but the destination has yet to be decided. One of the friends he plans on watching the game with is fellow sophomore Johnny Silvaggio.

“I am all-in for rooting for the Rams,” Silvaggio said.

Silvaggio made it very clear he enjoys watching New England lose.

“I am a Broncos fan, so I have no reason to not like the Rams,” he said. “But I always have a reason to dislike the Patriots.”

Sophomore Nick Hula hates seeing his team disappoint each season in the NFL while teams like the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl each season.

“I just hate seeing them win all of the time while I watch my team disappoint every year,” Hula said. “I will be watching the game somewhere and eating pizza with some of my friends.”

The Patriots are looking to add their sixth Super Bowl to the trophy cabinet. Brady has accounted for each of New England’s five Super Bowl victories.

Utica College junior and Green Bay Packers fan Adam Ziobrowski said he would rather see his favorite quarterback, Aaron Rodger, in the Super Bowl than Tom Brady.

“I being a Packers fan and dread the idea of seeing Brady win more championships,” Ziobrowski said. “I wish it was my quarterback Aaron Rodgers that was going for his sixth Super Bowl ring.”

Super Bowl LIII is scheduled to kickoff inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium at 6:30 p.m. on CBS this Sunday. Maroon 5 will headline this year’s Super Bowl halftime show.