Finally… the End is Near as Final Exams Approach

Photo by: Emmalyn Ylaya

Emmalyn Ylaya, Staff Writer

Finals week is quickly approaching at Utica College, and as many may know, exams begin Monday, Dec. 10.

While some students have been working hard to be prepared for tests and projects at the end of the semester, others are stressed about the amount of work they have over the next month.

Freshman Alexis Scaccia is not feeling nervous about final exams next month. She already knows that she will be well-prepared for them by exam week.

“I am a little stressed just because I know how important they are,” Scaccia said. “I have not started preparing for them yet. At some point, I will be receiving study guides in my classes.”

Junior Rasul Rasulov said he is feeling stressed about finals week.

“My senior-level classes are really tough,” Rasulov said. “I have already started to prepare for them since I have six of them to take.”

Even though students at Utica College are feeling stressed about exams, they realize that they will feel more confident after some extra studying and preparation. But some said they will need to put in a lot of extra time in order to pass all of their finals and classes.

Freshman Ginamarie Pizza is feeling so stressed about finals coming up in a month that she has already planned how she will manage her time with classes.

“I have to take five final exams during finals week,”Pizza said. “All I am doing now is just trying to keep my grades pretty high so that if I fail I have a bit of a cushion.”

Sophomore Sydney Scaccia said she is dreading the final exams for both of her math classes because they are the hardest for her.

“I have finals in all of my classes this semester,” Scaccia said. “It would be too challenging to study for all of them at once. I am going to have to put a lot of time and effort into studying if I want to keep my GPA high.”

Many UC professors tell students to get help from themselves, their friends or the tutors in the library whenever they need help with course material.

Students can see when their finals are scheduled by going to utica.edu/academic/registrar/exams.cfm