Album Review: Lil Yachty’s “Nuthin’ 2 Prove” Adrift in Sea of Disappointment

Source%3ACapitol+Record
Source:Capitol Record

Alison Eaton, Staff Writer

Rapper Lil Yachty recently released an album titled “Nuthin’ 2 Prove.” The album was released through Quality Control, Capitol Records and Motown. Lil Yatchy has been under a lot of scrutiny for his lyrics not being at the level of other rappers in the industry, so it feels as though he is trying to prove to the public that he is much better than the standards people have set for him.

The album has 15 songs and eight featured artists ranging from Kevin Gates to Juice WRLD. The album has a lot of songs that, frankly, sound the same and start to mesh together if you continuously listen to the album.  The album is comprised with “hard” rap songs and then soft romantic type songs.

Sadly, for Lil Yatchy, it felt that the featured artists in the album outdid him. Artists such as Lil Baby upstaged Lil Yatchy on the song “SaintLaurentYSL.” He did not sound as vocally and lyrically talented as Lil Baby.

This album is much different than Lil Yatchy’s first album “Teenage Emotions” and it feels as though Quality Control is trying to rebrand him and his music to sound more like Migos, which is Quality Control’s most popular artist in their label.

Much more was expected from Lil Yatchy on this album and he did not deliver, to many fan’s disappointment.