Utica College Students Making School Resolutions

Source :Emmalyn Ylaya

Emmalyn Ylaya, Staff Writer

After having an extremely hot summer these past few months, it is that time again to make some resolutions for the new school year. As school begins, more and more students at Utica College are making their plans and goals for the semester. Many of these resolutions include improving grades from the previous year, studying more often, getting extra help when needed and being attentive in class.

Utica College sophomore Patrick Moreland discusses what his goals and plans are for this semester.

“Make it through this semester with hopefully a 3.0 or better,” Moreland said, “and to continue staying in shape for the national guard.”

Students at Utica College are excited to be back and see their friends again, after not seeing one another since school let out in May.

Sophomore Nicole Nolin’s set goal for the semester is to excel in her classes.

“My goals and plans for this semester is to get a B in biology! It is going to be a very challenging class for me, but I know I just need to study and work hard,” Nolin said. “I also would like to have a good time with my friends, but also keep my grades up.”

Shaelin Siniscarco’s plans for the semester is to try her best academically .

“My goals for the semester is to do good in all my classes and give 100% effort in everything I do,” said Siniscarco, a sophomore. “I play on the women’s soccer team here at Utica College and it is equally important to me to work hard both on and off the field. I am a nursing major and I want to be involved on campus this year and continue to participate in the Health Studies Student Society.”

While others are focusing on working harder in their classes, senior Clayton Coonrod plans to work on his time management skills.

“My goal would probably be to get my work done earlier than the deadline, so that I’m not waiting until the last minute and stressing,” Coonrod said.

Senior Noelle Capriglione goal is centered around building and strengthening relationships, both personally and professionally.

“I am heading full stream into my senior year as a Resident Assistant at North Hall,” Capriglione said. “I finally obtained the job I have always wanted since freshman year. My goals for this year includes finding time to build strong relationships with all of my first year residents and close friends. I decided to join the golf team this year and I am excited about my serving. My goal this year is to show people how much I love Jesus through all of my actions and work ethic.”

Malina Rivera, a junior, plans on improving academically for this semester as well as forming bonds.

“My goal is to try to get as close to a 4.0 as possible,” Rivera said. “I plan to dedicate most of my time to my studies in order to achieve this goal. I also plan on making more friends and getting involved in more school activities.”