Valedictorian Profile: Lyndon Hall

Source%3A+Facebook
Source: Facebook

Joya Pavia, Features Editor

The class of 2018 takes the stage at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium on Sunday, May 6.

Senior Lyndon Hall was named one of the 2018 valedictorians after finishing her college career with a perfect GPA of 4.0.

“It feels surreal,” she said. “I could not have done it without the help and support of my family and the Utica College Business Department.”

Hall is an accounting major and transferred to Utica College in 2016 after graduating from Mohawk Valley Community College. She plans on obtaining a master’s degree in business administration and a law degree in hopes of becoming a corporate lawyer.

“This honor means the world to me,” Hall said. “I worked so hard to get here and I’m so grateful that I am being recognized for it. All the hours spent studying and doing homework were worth it.”

She is a Rome native and currently works at Bonadio Group as a small business advisory/tax intern.

“The business department at UC helped me navigate everything from studying abroad to internships and even changing my major last minute,” Hall said. “I couldn’t be more thankful or feel so ready to go out into the real world because of them.”

Hall said she was motivated by the combination of her type A personality and her loving parents.

“My personality always kept me working hard and my parents were always there to support me, no matter what,” she said.

Donna Dolansky, professor of Practice-Accounting, was happy for Hall when she heard she was one of the 2018 valedictorians.

“Lyndon is a dedicated student, very intelligent, personable and a pleasure to have in class,” Dolansky said. “She is extremely motivated and ‘makes things happen’ for herself.”

Hall is graduating a year early and spent the summer studying abroad at University College of Dublin while interning at the Bank of Ireland.

“Lyndon has been one of my best accounting students and has tutored for both of my 200 level accounting classes,” Dolansky said. “My students who have had her as a tutor think very highly of her and think she’s great.

“I am really proud of all of her accomplishments and am so excited for her,” Dolansky said.

Senior Sabrina French has known Hall since she began her journey here at Utica College.

“Lyndon has been a great friend since the day we moved into school,” French said. “I am very proud to see her accomplish something so big.”

French can remember when Hall called her at work to tell her she was one of the 2018 valedictorians.

“I was instantly happy for her,” French said. “ If I had to choose from anyone I know, Lyndon is the most deserving of this recognition.”

French said Hall would spend hours and hours doing homework, studying and doing additional research to increase her own knowledge.  

“She loves to learn new things and it comes so natural to her,” French said. “It’s these extra educational opportunities that she is always looking for and excelling in that makes her stand out and the most deserving of the valedictorian award.”