Off-Campus Eating Destinations

Source%3A+cicis.com
Source: cicis.com

Tiffany Simmons, Staff Writer

Around Utica there is a very diverse selection of restaurants. Whether you’re craving fast food or something that tastes like food from back home, there are plenty of places to choose from.

When the cafeteria closes for the night or if students choose not to take advantage of their meal plans for the day, off-campus eating another option.

Raspberries Café is located on Commercial Drive, approximately three miles from campus. They Serve breakfast from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner Wednesdays through Saturdays beginning at 5 p.m.

“This summer I found Raspberries Café,” said graduate student Taylor Heitmann. “The food is so good and the prices are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone at any time of the day. I absolutely love that they serve breakfast all day, and their dinner specials are to die for. It’s the closest thing you’ll get to homemade food without going home.”

Pizza Boys seems to be a favorite with students at UC. Their menu includes a wide variety of entrees, wings and sides and is approximately located at 9 Clinton Street.

Students’ favorite part of Pizza Boys is dollar slice night. Every Tuesday night the restaurant serves pizza slices for one dollar.

Another unique part about Pizza Boys is their Tap Room. While you are enjoying your dinner, you’re able to enjoy a variety of beers and mixed drinks, if you’re of age.

Senior Jennifer Stimpson finds herself eating there anywhere from two to four times a week due to her love of pizza.

“I found Pizza Boys my sophomore year, and I’ve been going there ever since,” she said. “The dollar slice night is what really saves my pockets, I would really be broke if it wasn’t for that. It really helps both get their name out there as well as help us college kids save money.”

Charlie’s Pizza, a family-owned restaurant, is another local restaurant near UC and is about a three mile drive.

“My parents stumbled across Charlie’s years ago when I was very young and my brother was playing on a traveling hockey team,” said senior Casie Farrell. “Little did we know 15 or so years later I’d be going to college right around the corner from their old favorite restaurant. The staff make you feel so at home there. The food is phenomenal, and they don’t shy away from telling you where something came from. For example, my mom really loves their pastries and the waitress told her just where they came from, and how she could get them in bulk. And man, oh man, don’t get me started about their lasagna — way too good.”