Stress the Halls: Holiday Shopping

Source%3A+Womansday.com
Source: Womansday.com

Georganne Jodhon, Staff Writer

Holiday shopping is the one time of year when everyone is rushing to find the perfect gift for family, friends or significant others. Whether students wait until the last minute to make a purchase or buy everything ahead of time, every student has their own preference of how to shop for the holiday season.

Junior Nicole Rice loves to do all of her Christmas shopping on Cyber Monday. With all of the big sales going on, she thinks it is the best way to get your loved ones great gifts at an affordable price.

“I love Cyber Monday because they always have the best deals, and I don’t even have to leave my bed when shopping,” Rice said. “It’s just so convenient because I don’t have to worry about big crowds at the mall or long lines.”

Beating the holiday crowd is a great bonus to Cyber Monday shopping, especially when getting deals on items without even leaving the house.

Holiday shopping for seniors Andrew Hobika and Ben Julian is a different experience compared to Rice’s online deals. Both enjoy going out last minute for the thrill of finding good deals right before the holidays.

“It’s just not at the top of my to-do list,” Hobika said. “I know what all of my family members like, so when it comes to getting them something I don’t stress the gift giving process like most people do.

“Usually, if I can’t find something I can always settle on a gift card to their favorite stores too. That’s why I like going to stores instead of doing it online because I can see all of the options in person instead of waiting for the gifts to come in the mail.”

Hobika does not see the stress in Christmas shopping when he already knows what his family members like and dislike. This way he knows exactly what to get them, so he can wait until the last minute to buy the gifts.

Julian waits until the last minute because he is always so busy being a full-time student, athlete and starting his first internship.

“Usually, I would be on top of getting all the gifts done for my family, but I’ve been so busy this past year that I will wait until last minute,” Julian said. “I love doing my shopping at our local mall because they always have good deals to make the last minute purchases worth it. Even though I do all of my Christmas shopping last minute, doesn’t mean I won’t put any thought into my gifts.”

Julian enjoys waiting until the last minute because it makes shopping more fun for him instead of getting it all done early.

“I always make sure I get something I know my parents and siblings will like” Julian said. “It is a hassle to go last minute, which is my own fault, but it’s all about the thrill of being able to find something in such a short period of time.”