UC Students stranded on an island!

Kaitlyn Tambasco, Staff Writer

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you? We talked to members of the Utica College community to find out what they would want.

Rhonel Baptiste

Baptiste had his fair share of things that he would want on a deserted island.

“The first thing I would want is a flair gun,” he said. “I want to have something with bullets to let people know that I am here and hopefully find rescue.”

The second thing Baptiste said he wanted was another type of weapon.

“I would want a sword to fight off anything that comes my way,” he added. “And finally, I would want books to read for leisure time. My phone would be dead and I wouldn’t have service, so that’s no good.”

Noelle Capriglione

Capriglione also had her fair share of things that she would want with her if stranded on a deserted island.

“The first thing I would bring is a bible because if I stay close to God, then he will provide for my every need,” she said.

Capriglione also said that she would bring a fire starter.

“I would need it to cook fish,” Capriglione said. “Finally, I would want a large waterproof sheet so I can catch rain water to drink and to keep dry when it rains.”

Brittany A. Smith

Smith also had her opinion of what she would want with her if ever stranded on a deserted island.

“Well, the first thing I would want is the restaurant Olive Garden,” she said. “That includes all of their delicious food and the workers so they can make it fresh and serve it to me.”

The next thing that Smith wanted was an ax.

“I would want an ax so I can cut down any trees and make a house for myself,” she added.

Lastly, Smith added that she would need nails so she could keep the boards together.