Senior Profile: Elliot Coleman

Chantelle Boateng, Staff Writer

Graduating is a milestone that marks the beginning of the next chapter in one’s life. Having the chance to graduate from college is the light at the end of that four-year tunnel. With May quickly approaching, multiple seniors will be leaving to embark on a new journey of adulthood.

Originally a Bronx native and currently residing in Utica, Elliott Coleman is a senior at Utica College majoring in Communication Arts. Coleman has reached the point in his life where his achievements will be recognized this upcoming May.

College itself is filled with little milestones that those graduating will be able to remember for the rest of their lives. Graduating seniors have been able to accomplish a lot academic wise, as well as developed friendships that are unbreakable.

“My four years at Utica College has been life-changing,” Coleman said. “ I have made connections with my peers, as well as with faculty and staff members that will last a lifetime. UC will always have a special place in my heart.”

Coleman is also known to be one of the most involved people on the UC campus. Involved in over four organizations, Coleman has been able to balance school with extracurricular activities. He has proved that being extremely involved can still get you to reach that graduation podium.

“I was a cheerleader for all four years, an orientation mentor and coordinator, the social and society events chair for the National Society for Leadership and Success,” Coleman said. “ I am also the director of UCPB, historian and chief Justice of GSA, Chi Beta Sigma’s little brother, senior class vice president, and Student Ambassador.”

Bing extremely involved, Coleman continues to make sure the atmosphere of the campus is more enjoyable.

“I have done a lot at Utica College to help improve the campus,” Coleman said.

“But overall, I think me having a positive and optimistic attitude daily has definitely had the biggest impact on the campus. I take pride in my ability to positively influence everyone that I cross paths with. I think that is ultimately where I have helped the most by consistently brightening everyone’s day,” Coleman said.

Those who had the opportunity to know Elliott will definitely miss his bright smiles and cheerful personality.

“I got to know Elliott through UCPB this year and he is one of the most friendly and energetic people I have ever met,” sophomore Morgan Ryndak said. “ He always put a smile on my face no matter what. I am going to miss him so much.”

Graduating from college also means taking on more responsibilities, in ensuring a secure future, such as looking for jobs or internships.

“I am currently applying to multiple jobs in the Greater New York City area and I will be moving there not too long after graduation,” Coleman said.