International Education Week

source: leeward.hawaii.edu
source: leeward.hawaii.edu

James McClendon, Editor-In-Chief

From November 14 to 17, Utica College will celebrate International Education Week in the Strebel Student Center Lounge. The Offices of International Education and Student Activities will host this event.

Christopher Johnson, Dean of International Educational, thinks that this week is important because Utica is a diverse city.

“A lot of the students who graduate from Utica College will be working in other countries and should learn about other cultures,” Johnson said.

The festivities kick off on Monday with International Student Day. The event will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. and will include a flag raising ceremony and a diverse array of international food.

On Tuesday, there will be an International Student Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. where information tables will be set up for individual international students as well as for international community groups.

The highlight of Wednesday night will be an International Cultural Showcase taking place from 4 to 8 p.m. The evening will include international dance, music and art and will conclude with an International Fashion Show.

The week of International events continues at 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday with a Study Abroad Fair. There will be student and faculty panels to discuss the topic of studying abroad.

For students looking to enhance their cultural palate, the Strebel Dining Commons will be serving international foods for the entirety of the week.

“I am excited about trying all the different cultural foods that will be served in the cafeteria,” Johnson said.

All students are encouraged to attend the full week of events and share in Utica College’s culturally diverse community.