Last Hurrah: Senior Week

Source%3A+whslionspride.com
Source: whslionspride.com

The days leading up to graduation will be filled with many different activities for seniors.

From Wednesday, May 8, to Friday, May 10, seniors will be able to experience various fun-filled events, such as a zoo trip, a bar crawl, a paint-and-sip with faculty and an outreach project, as part of Utica College’s first-ever Senior Week.

Senior Lukus Becker plans on being involved with many different Senior Week activities.

“I am co-chairing the senior class outreach program that’s apart of SGA, and I am apart of revealing the senior gift, which will be multiple charging stations,” Becker said. “Some events that I will be at include the faculty paint-and-sip and the bar crawl, as well as the ‘Seniors Tonight, Alumni Tomorrow’ Pub Night in the Pioneer Cafe.”

Senior Courtney Dudzinski looked at the upcoming events and thought that they all would be interesting, but due to her schedule she might not be able to go to most of the festivities.

“I don’t think I will be participating in Senior Week even though I would like to,” Dudzinski said. “I will be stuck at work most of the week.”

Dudzinski said she would have liked to attend the pub crawl on Wednesday night.

“That would be the event I would be most interested in,” Dudzinski said. “I know some of my friends are going, but I don’t get my work schedule until the beginning of May, so there’s a possibility I won’t be able to go. I hope I will be able to.”

There is a Senior Night and Varick Street Bar Crawl on Wednesday night. It will take place from 7 p.m. to midnight. During the hours of 7-9 p.m., it will be hosted in the upper level of the Celtic Harp from 7-9. From 9 p.m. to midnight, it will take place in various locations on Varick Street. Buses will be transporting students back and forth from Strebel to the Celtic Harp from 6:30 p.m. until 12 a.m.

The last few weeks of the semester are busy for everyone, and seniors often have a packed schedule. Senior Jon Kulpa will not be able to take part in Senior Week because he is starting his summer early.

“I’ll be going on vacation because my last final is on May 4, so I will be gone starting May 5,” Kulpa said.

Senior Tyler Sutton said that the events look interesting, but is concerned they might conflict with prior commitments.

“I don’t believe I am going to Senior Week,” Sutton said. “I didn’t even really know anything about it before, but I looked it up recently and thought they looked pretty fun, but I feel like they might be time consuming and might conflict with other things that I have going on, like work and track.”

Emilee Stevens is going to the Varick Street Bar Crawl, which is common for most other seniors who are attending.

“During most of Senior Week, I have plans to hang out with my friends before graduation,” Stevens said. “I do plan on going to the Bar Crawl, and I am really excited to go.”

Seniors must pick up their wristbands to participate in all of the events, according to an email sent out by Lauryn Moore, assistant director of new student programs. Wristbands can be picked up on Wednesday, May 8, from 2-5 p.m. in the Strebel Lounge.

This will occur during “Senior Week Kick-off and T-Shirt Release Party,” and seniors can receive a Senior Week T-shirt if they signed up for one. A Senior Week wristband will give seniors free admission into any event they had registered to attend. Another perk is that bracelet holders will have free access to the Dining Hall.
Registration for Senior Week will close on May 1.  For the full schedule and to register, visit utica.edu/seniorweek.